Follow the Buffalo, Inc. and Healing Lifeways are joining to sponsor and host the first Coyote Life Festival in Comins, Michigan on the weekend of February 22-24, 2013.
The Coyote Life Festival is a celebration of life, love, and laughter in the traditional “coyote spirit”. There will be plenty of fun, food, games, drumming, singing, storytelling, sharing, prayer, and thanksgiving.
- Arrive 5-8 pm – meet, mix, and mingle
- 8-10 pm – drumming, singing, and bonfire (weather permitting)
- 10pm – Canupa (pipe) ceremony
- 7:30 am – pancake breakfast
- Morning – games, crafts, and workshops (TBD)
- 12pm – soup, sandwich, and potluck lunch
- Afternoon – games, crafts, outdoor activities (weather permitting), drumming, songs, and stories
- 5-8pm – chili supper – this will be open to the public and will feature drumming, singing, dancing, contests, and discussion on the theme of celebrating life with gratitude
- Evening – prayers, discussion, etc.
- 8:30 am – breakfast
- 10 am – blessing the land, drumming, singing, Canupa (pipe) ceremony
- 12 pm – lunch, cleanup, and farewell
Cost – We suggest a donation of $40 for the weekend (includes all food and activities). All proceeds will benefit Follow the Buffalo, Inc.
What to bring – simple food to share on Friday evening and Saturday lunch.
Please contact us for lodging information.
To register or learn more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call Tim at (989)848-5757
Click the link below to download a PDF flyer:
One response to “Coyote Life Festival”
I wish I lived nearby. I would love to attend anything that teaches people how to celebrate with gratitude. Good luck and I look forward to hearing how the event went.